Sunday, October 09, 2005

Happy The Thanksgiving

Today is a glorious day. I got up, went to church, saw the mountians crystal clear on the horizion, and then had lunch with dear friend Connie and now am sipping Earl Grey tea and enjoying the crisp air and the warmth that Iron and Wine are playing on their guitars. Yesterday I had the privilage of seeing live music from the famed Canadian Artist Leslie Feist, also known just as Feist. Her sultry voice rang from the rafters of Mac Hall and then into my ears where I enjoyed the entire evening so very much. It was one of my favorite nights of the past week. Last week I spent time being cultured and artsy in that I attended 3 films and 1 symphony performance. I saw two movies of document, after which I keep thinking about how cool it would be to be a documentry film maker for a living. I also saw this experimental Canadian film about security and privicy. It was a cool concept, but in the end my brother and I were quite disapointed with the end since it could have been so very amazing. Aside from all the artsy stuff I have been doing, I have also been doing quite a few shoots with my new camera, and this has brought so much joy to my life, to finally again be able to shoot and enjoy photography. It has been so long since I have been prolific in the art of photography. I just recently got myself a sweet digital SLR, which is yet to be named, which I quite enjoy. I really quite enjoy not attending school, for now, I needed a break which I am currently in the middle of, however in a few days I will begin my class at SAIT, which is all about the basics of wine. Since I work in a wine store I find that this kind of knowledge would be quite useful, as well as the more I learn about wine, the more I enjoy the thought of it and the diligence and patience behind the creation of such a work of art, and yes I do believe that it is a work of art, for the most part. I have been thinking about the contentment that I feel living here in Calgary. I feel really good about where I am living, about who my friends are and what my life is. I do however, wonder if I should be stepping outside of my comfort zone a bit and pushing myself to new heights through anything that intrests me. I think that this wine class will allow me to interact with people who I would never otherwise talk too, and I think that this is a most excellent opportunity. I am also shooting a friends wedding next summer, and I need to start learning and preparing for the big day in an effort to make it memorible for them as well as allow me the experience to perhaps begin a side career of a photographer while becoming the best directory agent ever in the history of the world, and I should know about history, I have a degree in it. So thats about it for now, I am having dinner/potluck of the thanksgiving variety at the dorm and should go and cook some Yams, since I love yams. Happy Thanksgiving.

6 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should come live with me.

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

I should really start a blogspot so that I can leave you comments with a tag other than "anonymous" with me, but mine won't be as (sort of?) creepy as the other anon who invited you to live with them.

I agree that Feist was great. Too bad I didn't run into you. It was dark in Mac Hall once New Buffalo started...were you one of the people sitting on the floor? (somehow, I don't think so).

I think that there are times in life, precisely where you are at now, where it is good to be content in what you are doing. There is nothing wrong with a little contentment. I do think you are wise to be taking the wine class though, I think your insights into the interactions it allow you are spot on. When the time comes, you will be ready to move on.

take care, Rachel

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Shaolin said...

Jon Kramer! (said with a scolding voice)

What kind of statment is that!?
We all know that that comment about your wifes buns was a double entrandre, or however you spell it.

Anyway Tim, glad to you hear you had a great time at Feist, and also that you are having fun shooting things with your new toy.

Does your CD burner work yet, i still want those pictures from Kinny's wedding and the Shaolin challenge.

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim, that was me who left the message.(the live with me)

 
At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there T.I.Houghton, I¹m out surfing for a good blog experience on
purchasing wine online and found your great site. Although Happy The Thanksgiving wasn¹t exactly what I¹m
looking for it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I
found your excellent blog-site when I was searching for purchasing wine online
related web sites and I¹m glad I found your site even though its not an exact
match. I¹ll leave you with a fine wine quote from Ernest Hemingway - "Wine is
the most civilized thing in the world." --Hemingway, Ernest
Excellent Post, thank you for the read.

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there T.I.Houghton, I¹m out surfing for a good blog experience on
selling wine online and found your great site. Although Happy The Thanksgiving wasn¹t exactly what I¹m
looking for it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I
found your excellent blog-site when I was searching for selling wine online
related web sites and I¹m glad I found your site even though its not an exact
match. I¹ll leave you with a fine wine quote from Ernest Hemingway - "Wine is
the most civilized thing in the world." --Hemingway, Ernest
Excellent Post, thank you for the read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home