Sunday, October 30, 2005

Wine Classes and Strike Updates

As I write they count ballots for the strike which I previously mentioned, this strike being good for me since I get good shifts and good co-workers. If the vote goes through then I will be welcoming back to work those who have been yelling and verbally abusing me for the past few months, I feel as though there will be tension and awkward moments for weeks to come, but thankfully I wear headphones for 6.5 of the 7 hours I am at work. I will know in a few hours what to expect as I go into work tomorrow. On a brighter note I just ate at Moxies in the middle of suburban hell, and when I say suburban hell I mean when all the houses look the same and also when all the store are in one area that resembles an outside mall, and when the cars outnumber the humans. The food was good, but I felt like I was in a place that was so unwelcoming and made up. Thats not saying much since I live on the 21st floor downtown, but I know that when I come home I can expect concrete and drugs, but when your in the middle of houses and then all of a sudden there are stores and restraunts and things of that nature it makes me a little sad for what could have been there, ie a park or more houses, or a golf course (Golf courses and houses always seem to mix very well.) Anyways the food was good, it was good times. I start a class on wine this comming tuesday, which I am super stoked for since I am now a sommelier in training and am enjoying learning about such a diverse and good tasting drink. I went to church this morning at Southview Alliance. I have been going there for a few weeks and it is just a great church. I think the main draw is the quality of preaching that is a constant every week. The pastors name is Clyde Glass and he is a beauty. There are rare times when I am captivated by the speaker, but the last few sundays I have been captivated for the full 45 mintutes. He speaks as though we were simply having a conversation, and yet is able to speak to the entire church at the same time. Its was a solid morning. I also got one hour more sleep last night and that was good, but I am tired and may lay down for 15 mins pretty quick here, so until next time, Solidarity.

1 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home