Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday - Usual Beer Day

Today was a busy day at the cafe, I have one shift a week to keep my skills up and to spend time with fellow Phil & Sebastian employees.  When I got home I started making food for my week.  Almond butter, steel cut oats, random veg concoction for pasta.  I was going to have a beer as is custom during my lenten time, but I'm sitting here not really wanting a beer.  It's strange to wait all week for something, then when the time rolls around to have it, you don't really want it.  Anyways I will save it for next week and perhaps I will want it then.

Almond butter was a challenge today, so much patience was needed.  It took a very long time, but in the end the patience was worth it.  Though I did add a little too much salt to it, and alas it's a little salty.  It will be good for toast and cookies and the like.

One thing that is making this year a little harder than last year is the lack of black and white rules.  It's not just animal products, it's everything in a package.  Well almost everything.  Oil's and vinegars come it packages about 99% of the time, so they are allowed.  As are spices and condiments that are currently in my possession.  Or food that had been prepared a head of time that was from a package, or canned food that had been put up last summer/fall.  It's a little more to the persons discretion, but it's more challenging which is what I desired so I suppose I'm getting my wish.

At work today I tasted the new salad that we are serving, but it had mayonnaise as a base, and it was one of the stranger feelings in life to totally chew and taste something, then spit it out.  It's one thing to spit out a milk beverage after making sure it tastes alright, but to have food of substance and spit that out was very very odd.

And that was my last few days.

2 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Blogger Tjosie said...

Yes! The long awaited sequel!!! Beer isn't vegan?

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger luckmey said...

Thanks for sharing excellent informations. Your web site is very cool. I am impressed by the details that you’ve on this blog. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject.iwc replica watches

 

Post a Comment

<< Home