Friday, November 08, 2002

I went to the Royal Sasktchwen Museam today for the first time. I had been wanting to go for the longest time and as I was laying in bed last night I was struck with a real urge, like I am prone to do, and had a burning desire to go today seeing as I dident have class this afternoon. So my friend Jamie and I went. It was quite the place. From the outside it appears like a smaller building with not too much inside. As we walked through the doors we were struck with the actual size of the place. We started walking around and the sized was quite amazing and stunning at the same time, if thats possible. There was even a whole display about how the earth is dying because us as humans are polluting it. But before that we were walking through the dinosaur place that all museams must have, and this brought up many questions about evolution and how I thought that God just started this earth like a big game of Sim City, stuck it in fast mode and went for a walk. He came back about 1700 million years later to discover that the planet was just right for humans. And then we discussed how much humor must have gone into the creation of a T-Rex with those huge legs and tiny arms, it was so unproportional that I just had to laugh at the sheer oddness of the whole thing. There were lots and lots of Diarama's which were so well painted that they forced you to take a second glace and see if what you were looking at was a painting or a stuffed model. What a great place. So we left and went to Don's Photo where I proceeded to drool over dark room supplies and then I bought some tongs and some film with which I will hopefully create some great pics. I spent all last night working on a paper on Mendicant Monasticism, which were the Friars in case your wondering. And as such my brain is fried and now Iam typing for the sake of filling space. Im out. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home