Thursday, May 26, 2005

Blue Like the Sky

I finished reading Blue Like Jazz by the acclaimed Donald Miller. It is an excellent read, one that might challange your way of thinking about spirituality, and might ruffle some feathers, but I think that the journey is well worth the read. It feels good to read at my own pace, and for nothing other then self improvement, not that reading during the semester was not improving self, cause it was, but the fact that I am reading without a test or reading report helps me to derive calmness from the reading process. Calmness is something that I am attempting to achieve, the stress from the semester is slowly melting away and I am able to sleep better, and sit for longer periods of time without feeling as though I should be doing something. I also now have 2 jobs, one at a retail store, and the other at a multi-national corporation. I like the retail job, it allows me to learn much about the product that I am selling, and that makes me happy. The people there are also great so the work is quite excellent. At this moment I am listening to the new Oasis single, which is called Lyla. I have been listening to the full album for a few days, and await its release. I quite enjoy the entire album. Speaking of things British, I saw The Queen yesterday. She is in Alberta to help celebrate the cenntenial birthday of the Province. So a few friends and I went down to the designated viewing spot and watched the motorcade. It was a brief 3 second glance, but I did see The Queen so that was cool. So much waiting for such a brief moment, but thats alright, it was an interesting experience. I plan on having some chicken wings for a snack and then making a sandwich for my mid afternoon lunch seeing as I have work at 4-11:15. Anyways thats about it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home