Friday, November 11, 2005

Taking an unscheduled break from life

Yesterday was a random day, let me tell you about it. I got up and had a mildly sore throat, which is no big deal since I just have some tea and get on with my day. So I went to work which is basically me talking on the phone all day. About noon I felt as though my voice was getting strained. I had been drinking water all day and eating Fisherman's Friends. Now I am neither a fisherman, nor a friend of a fisherman (i dont think I know any fishermen), anyways they were assisting me in keeping my voice up to par. After lunch my voice kept getting worse and worse so eventually I had to call up those in charge and let them know that I could not continue working. I then walked home and checked out a gallery on 10th Ave. I came home had some tea, had some vit C, had some other vitamins, had some water and wondered what to do with myself. Then the eve came and I went, with some friends, to Blue Like Jazz Live. You may have read this book by the famous and now much talked about author Donald Miller. Anyways, it was a good show, quite a bit more disoriented then the book, but still a good watch. Then I came home, attempted to sleep and was disturbed by the drama that was happening outside my window. When I say outside my window I mean on the street some 21 stories below me at the train station. There were teens on masse and I thought about throwing things at them to get them to be quiet, (When I say I it was really Josh mine brother who suggested throwing things). Anyways they were noisey and then the police helly-copter was shineing its light in my window, its amazing how bright one gazillion candle power is. So then I slept a bit, went to the washroom a few times and got up early, 4:30am, to see if my voice was back and thus head to work. My voice did not work, and I called in sick, and when I say called I really mean I wispered in sick. Then went back to bed, got up had a shower listened to the Beatles, had some tea made from lemon juice and honey, and am now about to head out to watch a film across the street at a friends. Basically I am now taking some time off of life, which could be bad for the bank book, but I think that I needed some time to let my voice rest and my body enjoy being well rested. Thats about it. I enjoy the random days, but sometimes I wish that things were all lined up in a row, like that happens all the time. Anyways enjoy the weather, its amazing today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home