Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Snow Graveyard

I went for a long and comtemplative walk along the mighty Bow this eve. I walked, talked to myself, wondered about my future, attempted to find reasons for things in my life, watched fog roll in over downtown from afar, and sat across the river from a Snow Graveyard. I walked down one side of the river and then crossed to the other. I had heard this loud and rather unfortunate noise from yonder and as I walked I got closer and realized that the noise was from the tailgates of dumptrucks emptying their cargo of snow into a large unused area. This was fasinating to watch as the trucks kept on comming and dumping their snow. Later I walked by a grater who was making a pile of snow by the edge of the road so that a large snowblower type apparatius could load it into trucks to be driven to the graveyard. Anyways, the walk was quite an excellent experience and I would recomend it to anyone. I am currently in the middle of a bowl of tomato soup and I should get back to it before it gets cold. Enjoy your day.

1 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Blogger Shaolin said...

Hey Tim, thanks for your story, it sounded pretty cool. I know how fascinating things can seem when you are walking by youself, we often miss the beauty of the everyday world because we are too wrapped up in ourselves. Good on you for seeing something cool in an unexpected place. Did your comtemplative walk yield any thoughts on life and your future? If not i'd be happy to give you all the answers..haha
love ya bud

 

Post a Comment

<< Home