Thursday, January 13, 2005

Textbooks at a Christian Bookstore?

This day was so cold. I mean cold as in my face is now frozen and may be considered to be a shade of red. Along with this cold weather I have a cold heart towards a bookstore which will remain nameless. I recieved a call for a text book that I ordered. Well not really a text book, more like a collections of readings, but thats beside the point. I went to pick up this collection of readings and to pick up another text book that I had previously decided not to get, but in light of assignments from class today I need to get it to pass. I walked in skirting all the Christianeze self help that is currently pop-christian, and went to the back to find text books. I did not find my needed book and went to the back to ask about it. I picked up the readings and then inquired about "Succeeding with Technology", the book for my Intro To Computers Class. My brother, Josh, did some research and found that this text book is used in grade 9 computer classes. So I asked to see if they had any in stock thinking that there would be a few left behind due to the nature of retail and the non stocking of shelves. The woman at the back informed me that I would not be able to recieve my textbook for at least 2 weeks. I informed her that this was "cool" in a most saterical voice. I then pre-purchased this text book and left the store feeling annoyed and kinda mad. This is quite annoying seeing as the unnamed bookstore is the sole delivery service of textbooks for AUC, and due to this the textbooks can be found there or on the internet, with the same amount of waiting time. What I can't understand is why there are none left, do people not count how many people are in classes and then order the right amount of books. Or is it because the professor for my Geology class, which I was supposed to take instead of Intro to Computers, left the country to teach at a different place, and I was not informed of this problem until I was walking through the registration line. I am not trying to asses blame on anyone, but I think that situations like mine are far to common around here and I need to take a break and get away from school for a while, hence not going back to college for a while after I graduate, if I make it that far (I am so tired and am all read out, and its just the beginning of the semester). At least I have Squash to look forward to tomorrow, and then off to Vermillion for a few days to see good friend Mike. Anyways since all my anger is now gone I will go and rest my eyes, and hope that my eyes dont freeze do to the cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home