Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Steeped Tea

I sit in my room this eve with a steaming cup of steeped tea. This particular tea is named "Burbon Street Vanilla Rooiboos". It is great. I really quite enjoy tea, its so soothing after a long walk, or after a hard day, or at the beginning of a new day. I have enjoyed tea all my life since both my parents drink tea, but it was a few years ago that I really started to have a passion for a good steeped beverage. It was late one night after a hard day of classes when a friend of mine named Charlie Buhler decided that I should partake in one of his rituals of having tea before bed. I obliged the man and he produced for me a cup of this wonderful smelling tea. From that point on I decided that Rooiboos is my number one all time favorite tea. Granted there are many different varietys of said tea, but I have not found one I don't like. Unlike other hot beverages, this tea does not need sugar or cream, does not require spoonfuls of chocolate powder to make it tolerable. In short this drink is free of sugar and free of nasty chemicals. Last night I also indulged in some steeped tea after a friend and I went for a long walk in the crisp winter snow. The tea warmed me from the inside and after a lengthy talk I went to bed and fell right asleep, partly due to the fact that I was tired, but also due to the fact that I was comfortable and warm and cozy and sleepy. I really quite enjoy tea with good friend, or by myself, which ever the mood strikes, and if there happens to be muffins on hand, then I enjoy my tea with muffins. Its basically one of the more perfect drinks out there. So thats it about steeped tea of the Rooiboos variety. The next time you enjoy some tea with friends remember that not only is it good for your body, but its also good for your soul.

1 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim,

I too, agree with the delightfulness of tea. There is something about it that can suit every mood. And keep up with the favourite things. I'm enjoying them! Char and I are just working our our schedules..but Tuesday/Thursday nights work well next week for us. I'll email you soon.

Becky B.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home