Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The NHL

Friends, before you think that I have devoted my life to hockey and will forever watch and gauge my mood upon the outcome of the sport, let me explain the title of the blog. This eve I went to my weekly wine class, where I won a bottle of win for basically doing the best job of selling a bottle of wine to the class, after this glorious ego boost I went out and headed to the wonders of Canadian winters, frozen water. I am talking about the frozen water that is called Olympic Plaza. This wonder in the heart of downtown is frozen so that people can skate on it and enjoy some of the beautiful things of winter ie. rosey cheeks, flying pucks and learning to skate. While am getting more comfortable on my skates it occured to me that there is a great game played on the ice surfaces of this nation I think its called hockey. So I borrow a stick from a friend and attempt to skate down the ice while pushing a puck infront of me. It was so much harder then it looks. This eve I garnered a great deal of respect for those players who play hockey for a living. Dont think that I agree with the money they make, but those who spend the time to make skating look effortless deserve a little compensation. So this eve I won a bottle of California Zinfandel, Skated a bit, and increased my respect of those who play the frozen game. I am also drinking apple cider right now, and it is so good.

1 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One week Till I come dude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home