Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Breakfast

Today was a day of glory. Well the first few hours were sweet then I had to head to work. Work = not one of my favorite things. Breakfast on the other hand is one of my most enjoyed experiences. This morning I had the joy of partaking in breakfast with my good friend, and former roommate, Jordan Didier. We enjoy having breakfast together on occasion, and we also like going to a place called Nellies. Nellies is one of those off the wall joints that features great food at decent prices. This morning the breakfast of choice was aptly named "The Belly Buster". I should have asked for my money back since my belly was not busted, but I was quite full and content. Since the meal was so good this morning I am still thinking about it this eve and thus will share why with you. Why do I like breakfast so much? Well breakfast can take many forms. On normal days breakfast is usually a collection of cereal mixed with some milk in a bowl. This form of breakfast ensures that I stay regular, and that my morning energy boost is assured. On unregular mornings, like today, I enjoy things like toast or fruit or sausage or eggs or pancakes. Pretty much anything that is served. But the food is not always the best part of the meal. Mike Schalin and I also enjoy breakfast together on occasion, though Mike really enjoys this shady little haunt called "The Lido Cafe". Don't get my wrong, I am in no way hating on the Lido, but rather I find that the cleanliness of the premises to have been judged and found wanting. However much I dislike "The Lido", I enjoy my time there with Mike to great extent. But what about eating in? Is that fun too? Yes indeed it is fun. Mike and I have a tradition of doing what we like to call "The Draft". I am told that hockey players are picked during a Draft one at a time, and all the teams go back and forth until all the good players are picked. Mike and I draft bacon like players are drafted. We sit down and one goes first and picks a single piece of bacon, then the draft goes to the other and so on and so forth until all the bacon is gone. What a fun game. Then we eat the bacon. Its a grand ol time and costs less then Nellies or the Lido, though the Lido is under 5 for the meal so its pretty good. So there you have it, I love breakfast and I love friends, so combine the two and you have a recipe for glory. Now I am hungry for breakfast, better go to bed so I can get up and have some breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home