Thursday, May 11, 2006

Errands

Today, correction, this morning was a morning of errands. I made myself a list of to-do items and I went on my merry way attempting to get them all done in time for some relaxation in the afternoon. I did manage to get them done, and was greeted with an unexpected feeling of accomplishment. I never really thought about how completing a list of things to do would actually feel good, and when I say good I mean great. Let me tell you what I did. 1. Picked up a package at DHL for my brother 2. Got fitted for a suit for Mike Schalins Wedding 3. Went and got fresh bread from prairie Bread Mill 4. Bought new jeans from Old Navy 5. Got a pot and some potting soil for my aloe vera. So many things to do. I then thought about how I got all of these things done in a morning, and had this been my previous life, a life without a car, these events would have taken the better half of a week to finish. It was a beauty day out today, the sun was shining, my sun roof was open and the trees are green. It was a great day for errands. Today I even washed my car, granted it was not on the list of things to do, but I washed in none the less. It now has a nice sheen to it, and I look forward to driving it again, but clouds are gathering in the sky and I hope that they don't make my car dirty again. Also while on my errands today I stopped by this place called Prairie Bread. I had heard of this place from my brother and I decided to check it out myself, I was surprised by the simplicity of the place. They mill their own whole wheat flour and they back everything from scratch, the way it should be done. I was even offered a sample when I got there and from that sample I made the decision that I should buy the Cinnamon raisin bread, it was unlike any bread I have had before. So rich and so delicious and organic it made my inner hippie jump for joy. I was hoping to share it with some friends this eve, but sadly they could not make it. While I was buying my garden supplies from this great little garden shop down the road, I caught myself speaking for my car. I myself was admiring how clean it was, and then I proceeded to use a Ron Burgundy voice and pretend I was the car saying "Look at how clean I am". After saying these few words I looked up and noticed that a man was sitting in his car with his window open not more then a few feet from where I was standing. I then proceeded to duck my head into my car and speed off. I then decided that a little human contact would be beneficial for my health. So as it has it this day has been full and glorious. I did some errands, did some reading, did some cooking, did some gardening, did some blogging, did some washing, and now I am going to do some more reading and then some sleeping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home