Sunday, October 26, 2003

Yesterday was St. Crispin's Day , so a belated Happy St. Crispin's Day . Thats not the only thing that I celebrated that was exciting this weekend either. On friday night I went over to the highly acclaimed Paul Spilsburys house for dinner. I have Christianity in the 2nd Century with him and since there are only 5 of us in his class he wanted to have us over for dinner. It was a magical evening. We chatted, shared dreams and goals, and in general gained a large amount of respect for DR. Not that I did not have respect for him in the past, but seeing him in his home brought a level of humanness to him which adds to the respect factor. I met his wife and kids, had a wonderful dinner prepared by his wonderful wife, and watched as he kissed his kids goodnight. It will be a night I will remember for a long time. It was interesting to find out what type of fiction Spilsbury reads. It is evident in class what type of biblical texts he reads, but to know that Spilsbury like William Goldeing and Chaim Potok was something else. To talk about something that I have read and understand was great, not that I said a whole lot the whole evening, I was in a large amout of awe, but it was fun to add my two cents worth. I never knew that a prof could be so goofy, well thats not true, Tim Moore has a goofy side, but Paul Spilsbury goofing around was something else. I guess I figured that since most of the profs have their PhD, that they had lost some part of the fun in their lives, evidently not, Spilsbury was funny and told us storys of things he had done while at Bible College and what he was like as a kid. To get such a glimpse into the life of someone who frightened me my freshman year was fantastik. After that night was over I was spent. I went to bed to get some shut eye, but as I was getting ready to go to bed, Mike Schalin called and wanted to know if I wanted to watch Braveheart starring Mel Gibson. I of course agreed and I was up into the early hours of the morning. Then Saturday and A pumpkin carving party at the Previously mentioned Mike Scahalins house. It was quality times and much pumpkin was carved. This leads us to today and church and then "The Olive Garden" where my beloved roommate took me out to lunch, it was great food and I am still full from lunch right now at dinner time. Tonight I go to this worship night thing called Beggars Feast, dont ask why its called that, I dont know if anyone knows. So I bid adeu to you and you and you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home