Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Today is a day of glory. I not only went shopping today and gathered for myself some food, but I recieved a package from none other than the great Ian G. He had informed me of said packages departure from the lower mainland, and I did not expect it for a number of days. It was a great delight to see the pink package slip in my mail box. What was contained in this package you may ask, well I will surely tell you. The first thing that caught my eye was a skull shaped rattle, much like something you would find in a culture that practices voodoo. Next was an assortment of food bought presumibly at a T&T Market somewhere. This food includes two different bags of candy, one says "Super Apple Candy: It's So Wonderful Candy", and the other has markings which I do not understand. I have tasted both of these suger snacks and have come to the following conclusions: 1. Grape Candy from the Orient is still grape candy, 2. Apple Candy from China is the most sourest thing I have ever tasted. The next and last food item is some cookies entitled "Milk: Sand Biscuit". They are rather enjoyable for a "Sand Biscuit". The greatest thing about the "Sand Biscuits" is the english printed on the back of the original package. The use of the verb flower (pretty thing that sits on a table) in substitute for the verb flour (pulverized ground wheat). It was rather amusing for me. The rest of the package includes the following: Mennonite Mayhem Vol. 1&2 (a rare find), Popism's album "Exploding Plastic Inevitable" (also a rare find), Douglas Coupland's "Microserfs", and the DVD "Catman in Lethel Track". As you can plainly see, this package is enough to brighten anyones day, possibly month. It has been a great day so far, and now I must go and read. It seems like all I do is read, eat food, and sleep. Its a great life. And thanks Ian for the wonderful Package.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home