Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Six In The Oven

I am currently awaiting the baking process to be complete as I have just put six muffins in the oven to be baked. I feel pretty good about the quality of such items seeing as they are apple cinnamon, and smelling quite excellent. This day was alright, had some reading to do, some class to go to and in a while will be watching a film on a big screen at a friends apartment. Though I must admit I am still sick which has been no good for my getting of work done. I feel noe drive to do anything, and have spent a great deal of time sitting watching media from my computer, and by media I mean movies. This aft I finished a film called "Shawn of the Dead", it is a masterpiece of modern film. The satrical drive which the writer/director/actor wanted portrayed was done well and I even laughed outloud at times. It was a tad scary, but in the end the humor won me over and I enjoyed it greatly. Tomorrow is what I like to call "Spiritual Em-phasis" days, where the community gets together and has a good round of Christian morals thrown at them in the hopes that we will retain some of the knowledge and apply it to our lives. The theme of this year is something about doing spirituality in "Real Life". Sounds promiseing and I am hopeing that it goes as well as it has been promoted. Its also time off of classes, which is generally a good time since readings dont commence for another week so I will have some time to rest my eyes in hopes of getting healthier and more energetic. In the time off I plan to read a bit of C.S. Lewis's work "Mere Christianity". I have heard so many good things about it, but never have sat down and actually read it. The first chapter or two have been very philosophical and I enjoy that, I think that I am becoming more philosophical, I have to be in order to get deeper into all the history that I am reading. Its challenging and at times I don't want to read at all, but I still find learning fasinating. The weather today was excellent. A little crisp but still sunny and beautiful, and ready for walking. The stove beeped, my muffins are done, and I am all written out. Keep your racquet up and your squash ball warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home