Tuesday, February 15, 2005

5 Strings of Glory

This afternoon I had the chance to play and then rent a beautiful 5 string bass. This was a momentous occasion since I usually play a pretty boring, yet also stunning and well used, 4 string bass. The aquiring of such a work of glory was due to a simple yet complicated bass line in a song called "All Day" by the band United Live. It is a great song, yet they use a 5 string whilest playing the song and 5 strings makes the lick so much easier. Anyways enough about artsy musical things. I did spend the last week doing some reading and basically sitting around enjoying a break from classes. This week currently is reading week and I have been sleeping in and attempting to catch up on sleep. I also have been spending good amounts of time with friends. My good friend Mike Schalin is also up for the week to take a class and we have had a few meals together and shared some laughs. I am currently, right now listening to a band recommended by music guru Ian Parker-Bowles. The band is named Stars and they are a good Canadian indie type band with a full orcestral sound and good guitar riffs. I fear that I am losing concentration and will soon be in bed sleeping like a log, if logs could sleep. I go on tour for a few days this weekend to the Edmonton area, which will be nice to get away from here. Out of downtown and into the country. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home