Thursday, February 10, 2005

Taller Than Kamloops

I was informed this evening by my ever searching for knowledge brother that I live in an apartment that is higher than any building in my hometown of Kamloops. I did not think that 21 floors would be higher then other buildings in Kamloops, but apparently it is, and I feel very proud to be in such a glorious place. This past week has been busy with reading and reading and work and reading. I am leaving this Saturday for a trip to Golden where I will be playing songs with a band at Golden Alliance. Next week is also reading week so there will be sleeping in and then going to Marronville, and other such north of Calgary places. Today I got a free lunch at the school for this thing called "Networking". Basically shaking hands with important people in an attempt to glean knowledge about work and such things. It was mildly awkward, but lunch was free so that rocked. I also wrote a midterm in Intro to Computers today, which I think I did well on, but I did miss some answers do to the fact that I did not study very much. I was at a study party last night, but then I spent most of the night watching a live U2 DVD and making comments regarding their equiptment and the on stage styling of one of the biggest bands of all time. I am quite numb from all the thinking that I did today so I intend to sit around and do some contemplative reading before heading over to the Jon Morrisons house for some hangout time. A few days ago I ordered free trade coffee from this place called Level Ground Trading. The coffee is apparently roasted the day the coffee is mailed to you. It was some of the most amazing coffee I have ever tasted. So rich in flavor and so dark in color. I have been really digging the coffee lately, enjoying not only the aroma, but also the subtle tastes which comes with good coffee. I have also come to dislike most big brands such as Nabob, cause thats what my roommate Jordan drinks, and it is full of non-flavor. Anyways I suggest that if you are a coffee drinker you should check out some of these fair trade brands and enjoy the taste. I think I will take a short nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home