Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Dead Disco, Laundry, and Flare

This morning I awoke at 9:20 with the persistance of my brother wishing me to be presentable when his g/f got here. I had a shower that was mediocre at best due to the change in temperature from medium to hot back to medium again. After said shower I checked my mail and found that nothing had changed since the last time I checked it, aside from mailing lists and SPAM. Then I proceeded to watch "Futurama" with Josh and Simone, the aformentioned couple. The viewing was followed by my attempt to be crafty and crafting some "Flare" for my fellow band mates. Did I mention that I am in a band called "Crafted" and we are going on tour this weekend? In an attempt to connect with the "Teens" we are wearing "Flare" which consists of wrist bands made from old belts picked up for cheap at a thrift store. I enjoy this new side of me, which attempts to create something trendy from something less trendy. After hitting my thumb and getting generally T.O. from the problems with thick leather I decided that I would do my laundry. This excursion to the basement was going to be a simple and uneventful trip in my mind, and I did not expect such a revitalizing of my faith in humanity. I went down and was fumbling with my keys and the guy working on the machines ran over and helped me with the door. It was a nice gesture and I thanked him. I then proceeded to my favorite washing machine and started to put the soap in. At this point the repairman asked me what my favorite part of Christmas was. I thought of the good times I have had at that that time of the year. I thought of all the egg nog I have drank, and all the baking I have eaten. But one memory pervaded my thoughts, the thought of all the time spent in front of a fire chatting with a member of my family. Simply sitting and doing nothing, really just, to use a well worn phrase "Chillen". The man then said "Got ya thinking dident I". He was correct, I had not thought about Christmas since the last time Christmas was upon us a few months ago. The man then came over and looked at my machine and said that the answer he was looking for was "The best part of Christmas was the giving and recieving of gifts" He then proceeded to open up the little trap door where I usually put my money in. He told me that all I had to do was say it, so I responded "the giving and recieving of gifts", and with that utterance he gave me a free load of laundry. I was stoked, humanity was restored, and I thanked him. I then told him my favorite thing was sitting around doing nothing but enjoying the company of family and friends, and watching a fire. He aggreed and then I left with a smile on my face. I then proceeded up to my apartment where I listened to my song of the moment which happens to be "Dead Disco" by the Canadian band Metric. And now it is almost time for my free laundry to be done so I will now go and put in the dryer in an attempt to make it all soft and fluffy and nice smelling as well as non-static. I bid you adieu, until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home