Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Melodious Morose

A man named Ryan Adams, not to be confused with Bryan Adams is quietly playing as I write this entry, and his album, Love is Hell, is quite melodious and morose. This past weekend I spent 4 days with friends as we toured northern Alberta leading worship and generally having a blast. We visited the towns of Morinville, Fort Saskatchewn, Edmonton (to view the mall which I now hate) and then Westlock. I hate West Ed due to the fact that it is quite boring when you have no money to spend, though I did manage to find a new pair of slacks and a new shirt for 30 dollars at the Old Navy. I also got to see my old friend Ben McNabb, which made the day so much better. After the West Ed, we went to Westlock and enjoyed some small town hospitality. The other two shows, Morinville, and Fort Sask, were quite enjoyable as well. The Morose mentioned before is a statement of how I feel at this point in time, at this juncture in my life. I am tired, which adds to the situation, but I also am spending a great deal of time contemplating what I am supposed to do with my life, as well as how I am supposed to do it. I guess you could say I am going through a mild version of the Senior Panic. I have not gone out and found myself a Girlfriend yet so that aspect of the panic is still safe. I find myself wondering if I could work at almost every place I pass. This week I want to work at Eddie Bauer. Last week it was Ten Thousand Villages. Next week it might be Telus. Anyways I still am struggling to find what some goals are for the next little bit of my life while I attempt to redefine my life and how I am to live. This contemplation has lead to many melencolic nights and some morose days, but I think that I am slowly finding a deeper self and a deeper meaning to what I believe. Anyways I must hit the hay in an effort to be refreshed for a long day tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should work at TVR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home